Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Third Wheel

Oh yes, one of the biggest joys (note the sarcasm) of being single and hanging out with friends who are in relationships is getting to be the “third wheel”. Being in my thirties, I now find that the majority of my friends are in relationships and I am one of the very few in my circle of friends that is not. This means everywhere we go, I am left as the odd man out. Dinners, parties, clubs, you name it; there is always a feeling of them vs. me. This is especially noticed when I am in need of a wingman. When you are out with couples, there is no such thing as a good wingman. And to make matters worse, when single ladies see you hanging out with friends in relationships they often wonder what is wrong with you and begin to speculate on how damaged you must be. The only other option is to go out alone, but this too sucks. Going to the bar alone often make a guy look either creepy or desperate, neither of which attract women. It just often seems like a losing battle.

So I ask you, what is the solution? Any other “third wheels” out there that know what I am going through? And if so, any tips or tricks you might be able to share? If you were a third wheel, but are now in a relationship how did you pull it off?

Tips, comments, suggestions, all are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment