Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rich and Single, or In Love and Broke?

First let me start off by stating I am by no means broke, nor am I rich. I would have to say most months of the year I am financially comfortable at best. But one question often enters my mind, if I had to choose between being broke and in a loving relationship, or being wealthy and alone, which would I actually choose.

At first, the thought of being financially rich sounds pretty appealing. I mean, I am already single and have been for quite some time now, so why not take the money? But after really thinking about it, I just don’t know if I would ever honestly choose to be single forever. Yes, the money would be nice, but I am already pretty lonely and no amount of money could provide any real lasting cure for that. Every relationship that you would have would be based on money and not the man actually underneath it. And as we know, shallow and superficial relationships never last.

But being broke would also have some serious downsides too. Yes, I would be happy and in love, but I would also be stressed with struggling to make ends meet to provide for my family. I know there is a lot to be said about the power of love and the strength it can provide in times of struggle, but I just don’t know if I would actually be any happier. And let’s not forget that most relationships usually end because of finical difficulties/stress.

To be honest, I just don’t know if there really is an answer to this question. I guess the answer is to be fortunate for what I do have and thankful for what I don’t. After all, I am who I am, and all my life experiences up to this point are what have made me the man that I am today. I wouldn’t trade that for anything in the world.

How about you? How would you answer the question?

No comments:

Post a Comment