Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Dating In Your Thirties

How many of you out there would agree that dating in your thirties is a completely different experience than when you were younger? Maybe it is just me, but I often find that dating at this age is much more like going on a job interview, which is never fun.

When we were young, we really didn’t care about all of the “adult” stuff that matters so much to us now. Back them dating was simple, exciting, and most of all fun! It was all about passion, adventure, and exploration. Nothing else seemed to matter back then, nor did we let anything get in our way.

And now, in our thirties, it is completely different. The “adult” things that didn’t matter before seem to be the only things that matter now. It is all about being able to see a future with your date, and if not, it is game over. No exploration, adventure, or passion.

How sad is that? Should we really let love become a job? Should we rule out potential mates purely because they do not meet our “adult” needs? How about passion, adventure, and the process of exploring each other?

What do you think? Is dating still fun for you? Have you let the “adult” things get in your way of having fun with dating in your thirties?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure on this. Also because I'm 23. But, I do feel like throwing out a random opinion on something I don't fit the criteria for exactly, because I keep ending up on dates with guys that are in their 30s, or in one case, 40s.

    They've been like dates I've gone on with younger guys, except better. I was fully aware that it was a "date," which doesn't happen with younger guys.

    They've been as fun and exciting, if not better, because there was an actual date-idea involved.

    Okay, I think I just need to write a whole post on this idea soon. But for now, the purpose of this comment is that I think that dating in your 30s can be just as fun as in your 20s, you just have to make it be that way.

    I'm still looking at potential mates by whether they meet "adult" needs or not, even though I'm a 20-something. If they don't exactly fit that, it's still nice to get to know and have some fun outings with another human being.

    Yeah, I'm definitely writing my next post on my experience dating guys in their 20s and guys in their 30s/40s. :) Thanks for the inspiration, and I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheSingleGirlfriend,

    First, thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I am glad dating for you is still fun! Don’t get me wrong, it is still kind of fun for me too, but it just seems much more business-like at this age. Being in your twenties, I could see how dating a thirty something could be appealing, because yes we know we are dating, and yes we also tend to know what we are looking for and are a bit more honest about it.
    Once again thank you for sharing your view point with me! Please let me know if/when you write your relating article, as I would like to read it. Until then, I will make sure to stop by and check out your blog as well!

    ~The Single Guy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if sumone is concentrating in carrier its not mean that luv is diminishing. It means we are caring our partner and for better life and future just putting our hundred percent.

    ReplyDelete