Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Night Stands

As you may have read from my bio or from one of my post, I am a single thirty-something male just trying to find his way in love and life. What you probably don’t know is that I am against one night stands. Yes, I am a guy, and yes I do not believe in one night stands and here’s why.

To me sex has always been more about making love. Yes I enjoy it, yes it feels good, but to me I just cannot get into it if I am not in love with my partner. I have had several encounters with extremely beautiful women that have offered to take me home, but I just couldn’t do it. To me there is something special about the act of making love. I have only had a few partners in my life and all of them I was madly in love with, and for that those ladies will always have a piece of me.

So, does being a guy and not believing in one night stands make me any less of a man? I am willing to bet some would say yes, but to me if anything it makes me more of one. It takes dedication to ones believes to respect the ultimate gift and experience we have to offer each other. And it is my dedication to love that makes the experience that much more meaningful. To me, making love is the act of sharing one’s self to the point that two unite as one, if only for a moment. And to me that feeling is better than any one night stand could ever feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment