Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Too Shy for My Own Good

So Friday night has come and gone once again and here I am with another story to tell. As usual I put on my façade and headed out for a night of drinking in order to muster up some courage to talk to the ladies. After several drinks I finally managed to approach a rather attractive woman who I had chatting with before. Looking back now, I kind of wished I would have left it along and here is why.

In our past encounter I had managed to get her number, but of course I never used it. During this conversation I managed to remind her that I had her number and she was swift to tell me that I lost the right to use it as I had waited so long. I did not let this deter me, as the liquid courage had me feeling quite confident. After several more minutes of flirting I managed to get her approval once again. We flirted back and forth for the rest of the evening as I continued to consume more and more courage enhancing beverages.

I let her know I was attracted to her and that I was extremely shy, which is why I never contacted her. She seemed surprised by this, but at the same time flattered. Things continued to appear to go seemingly well for the rest of the night, that is until I got home.

Being the courage filled idiot I decided I should go ahead and use that magical number which she had gave me, but being rather late I opted for texting instead of a call. We passed a few texts back and forth and I continued to dig myself deeper and deeper. I finally decided I should stop and go ahead and pass out for the night.

The next morning I decided to reread the messages from the night, and that is when the horror set in. Apparently my liquid courage had gotten the best of me, not only had I proceeded to sound like a drunken idiot, I also made some promises that I knew I could not keep. Leave it to me to become way over confident while drinking to not realize I would have to possibly interact with her sober.

So that is where I am at, I had an interesting night, did some positive flirting, made and ass of myself, and am now trying to crawl back into my hole. It is the shyness that creates these problems for me. If I could just get over being shy, I would not over compensate with alcohol and put myself into these situations. But that is me, and this is who I am. Too shy for my own good, but too foolish to change, I guess that’s what makes me The Single Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment