Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Are You Dating a Gold Digger?

In keeping with this week’s “signs” theme, here are a few signs that you might be dating a Gold Digger:

• She is out of your league – If the usual women you attract/date are 5’s and 6’s and all of the sudden you find yourself dating a 10, it is very possible she is look at your wallet and not you. While this is not true in all cases, it is a good general indicator to watch for especially if additional signs follow.

• She never offers to pay – While paying for most things is the gentlemanly thing to do, if you find she never offers to pay (not ever for herself) there is a good chance she is looking for a Sugar Daddy to spoil her rotten.

• She is overly interested on how much you make – if your career and finances seem to be the focus of your conversations, especially when you first meet, there is a good chance she is try to size you up. Depending on your responses, if she is a Gold Digger, she will either be instantly in love with you or you will be quickly dismissed. Women looking for money typically don’t waste too much time chatting with guys that clearly don’t have it.

• She asks for gifts or money early in the relationship – From small tokens of affection to expensive jewelry, don’t be surprised if she is trying to spend your money as fast as she can get it. After all, you “love her” right? So why wouldn’t you want her to have “nice things”? – Note the sarcasm!

• She uses sex for gifts – you will quickly realize that if you hold on to the wallet too tight, you will be going to bed alone. You can bet the less you spend on her, the less willing she will be to have sex. Remember, it is your wallet that she really wants to spend time with, not you.

Remember, while it might be nice to have a piece of arm candy, unless you are willing to play Sugar Daddy she won’t be sticking around long. Just watch for the early signs and indicators and you will be alright. Ignore them and you might find yourself broke and lonely once all you money is gone!

3 comments:

  1. Never have experienced this, fortunately. But I think that, partly, this is because I have never had much material stuff to begin with. So, I suppose those looking for sugar daddies might have floated in and out of my life quickly, without my notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a Sugar Daddy (nor could I ever afford to be), but I did date a girl that was clearly interested in money and what I could provide. Needless to say, that relationship didn't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first bullet point and thought...God...this could describe me and the last guy I dated. I did however offer to pay on dates and he even got a gift from me so I think I am safe.

    ReplyDelete